What's Cookin' in Sonoma County?
Here in Sonoma County it does seem like all we do is eat and drink...and then... eat and drink some more. Today at Farmhouse we had Inside Luxury Travel from the UK here to film for a Culinary Travel Show featuring the California Wine Country that will be beamed into over 500 million homes world wide. Pretty exciting stuff but we won't see the finished product until next fall sometime. Managed to snap a quick shot of our Catherine and the presenter, Varun Sharma though.
I got to thinking about how our entire world revolves around food; the growing, the harvesting, the shopping, the preparing, the eating (and the drinking)... and then the same thing all over again. What will life be when they replace all our nutritional needs with a "Once a Day" pill? What will we do with all that extra time and what will we have to think about?
Well, I guess we don't have to worry about that just yet- there is plenty cookin' going on in the wine country this week. Take a look at just this week.
- May 14th- Farm to Feast at Summerfield Waldorf School. A wine country signature dinner and wine tasting on Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm's 38-acre campus featuring noted chefs and restaurateurs Traci Des Jardins of Jardiniere, Duskie Estes of the Next Iron Chef, Cyrus' Nick Peyton and John Stewart of Zazu's and desserts by our very own Pattie the Farmhouse Pastry Chef.
- May 14th- Guys Can Cook Too at the Santa Rosa Junior College's agricultural pavilion at Shone Farm. It is a rare chance to experience food and wine in the beauty and majesty of Sonoma's West County. Joins amateur chefs, professional and celebrity chefs (the judges), and wineries for abundant food and wine (and what a view) .
- May 14th- Kendall Jackson and wood fired cooking at the Fulton wine Center.
Learn the art of cooking in a wood-Fired oven to create delicious pizzas, breads, meats and vegetables. Followed by lunch paired with their wines.
- May 14th- Healdsburg Chef's Market with Relish Culinary. The first of the season. Stroll the market, brief cooking demonstration and lovely lunch.
Chef's Market classes are repeated monthly with different chefs and seasonal menus thru November.
- May 14th- The Art of Eating- a Tribute to MFK Fisher at the Bouverie Preserve.
- An afternoon of sustainable food and wine tastings inspired by the writings of MFK Fisher, coupled with a lively auction. Mary Frances was a close friend of David Bouverie and spent the last two decades of her life at the Bouverie Preserve.
- No more food, puleeeeze...how about we ride the Century Bike Ride "Ride to Change Lives" to benefit the Salvation Army.
"Course it starts in Petaluma at 6:30 a.m. so maybe we should have started with that and then go eat!?
By the way, also on Saturday this week is the SMAA Garden Tour that I tried to get you to take Mom to last weekend but we had the wrong date. Try to make it, won't you?
Next week, Quivira & Relish "A Taste of Place" , Sonoma Jazz+, Taste of Alexander Valley, Sonoma County Backroad Challenge, the Luther Burbank Rose Parade, and Petaluma Salute to American Graffiti...and then it is time to celebrate Summer!