I have seen so many headlines lately referring to the end of summer...We are not ready for that here in Sonoma wine country...grape harvest is just getting started, the tomatoes are just ripening, saw our first apples and pears come in recently. No "Last Sips of Summer", "Summer Winding Down", "Back to Reality" or any of that stuff for us here at Farmhouse Inn. The Farmer's Markets are still crazy with good stuff - abundance and bounty everywhere. The Farmstands are overflowing... still time for a canoe ride down the Russian River and...my creek still is flowing strong (It is usually dry by summer's end). Our weather in California stays great all through October.
Big events coming this next couple of months. September starts off with a bang with the 19th Annual Sonoma Wine Country Weekend combining the Taste of Sonoma and the Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction. This year the event is co-chaired by The Dutton Brothers (Dutton-Goldfield and Dutton Estate fame) and Benziger Family Winery. Most of the special lunches and dinners are sold out but a lot of the wineries are having special events all weekend. Three days of events and fun and silliness thrown in. Here's a picture - Benziger and the Endless Sonoma Summer Party from last year.
So no more end of summer for me...we are going with "Endless Summer"!!
So let's just hit some high points of September in the Wine Country...can't possible cover it all.
- 9/3 Sat. Michael Bolton at the Wells Fargo Center
- 9/4 Sun. Chris Botti at Rodney Strong Summer Concert Series
- 9/4 Sun. Oyster & Fog Festival at Rocker Oysterfellers in Valley Ford
- 9/3 & 9/4 Monte Rio Music Festival
- 9/6 Tues. Salsa Gigante at Healdsburg Farmer's Market
- 9/7 Wed. Farmer's Market Santa Rosa - 3 stages of live music
- 9/10 Sat. Cajun-Zydeco Festival in Sebastopol
- 9/10 Sat. KC Barbeque Society Wine Country Big Q in Santa Rosa
- 9/10 Sat. Kendall Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival
Conflict- pretty tricky to fit in BQ,
Cajun Fest, and those magical
tomatoes all in one day!
- 9/11 Sun. Artisan Cheesemaking at Relish Culinary
- 9/11 Sun. Chardonnay and Croquet at Sonoma-Cutrer
- 9/9-9/11 Harvest Wine Country Weekend at Ferrari-Carano
- 9/14 Wed. Willie Nelson at the Wells Fargo Center
- 9/13-15 National Heirloom Expo at Sonoma County Fairgrounds
Picture of Giant Pumpkin from Heirloom Expo
Whew, half way through the month- are you overwhelmed yet?
- 9/17 Sat. Old Grove Festival at Armstrong Redwoods
- 9/17 Sat. Sonoma-Cutrer visits the Farmstead (revisit the cheese post from last week)
- 9/18 Sun. Herbie Hancock at the Wells Fargo Center
- 9/23 Fri. Shirley MacClaine at the Wells Fargo Center
- 9/24 Sat. Twilight on the Serengeti at Safari West
- 9/24 Sat. Harvest Fair Awards Night Santa Rosa
- 9/24 Sat. Russian River Fest at Burke's Canoes
- 9/24 & 9/25 Weekend along the Farmtrails
- 9/24 & 9/25 Russian River Jazz & Blues Festival in Guerneville
and finally ...
9/30-10/2 Sonoma County Harvest Fair at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds
That's what we are doing with our last months of summer...
In case you think we have just been goofing off all the time I thought I would share our new Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Video that we just finished and got up on YouTube this week. It was great fun in the making and we didn't quite know what to expect - hope you like it as much as we do!
Comment on YouTube or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think.
We have a few weddings going on this week and next week...fill you in on those later...the Romance at Farmhouse is going strong!